Friday 20 March 2009

Natasha Richardson dies at 45

This story struck me hard, it really is a tragedy. Someone to die at a young age is a tragedy in itself but she’s a mother and wife which makes it 10 times worse.

A mother is possibly the most important figure in a person’s life and I, personally couldn’t imagine my life without my mum. It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday and I think it’s important to celebrate, even if people think it’s just another excuse to make money.

Both my parents lost their mothers at a young age and I think one of the hardest things is to think of how short the time they had with them and thetimes they could’ve had; child’s wedding day, birth of children, wedding anniversaries, birthdays, etc. And it upsets me when people say they’re not close to their grandparents because if I had one wish it would be to meet my grandmothers.

My mum has said to me before that she wishes she could’ve asked more questions and listened more but obviously you don’t know how much time you have with the ones you love. I have passed my mum’s age when her own mother died and I just can’t think about how hard that must have been.

Of course you have good memories but it doesn’t make it easier, knowing they could’ve had more. One thing is for certain, for Natasha Richardson’s children, Sunday will be a very hard day and I feel for them and any others who have lost their mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment